Colcock Hall, n.d.
Colcock Hall was designed and built by the Confederacy in 1861-62 as a facility for
the manufacture of small arms and cannon repair. This Greek-revival building is
constructed of red brick laid in a running bond with yellowish mortar. Along the
south wall of the building are the remnants of seven arches which were once two-
story openings through which cannons could be brought for rifling and rebanding.
When Porter Military Academy acquired the building, these arches were partially
bricked up to create a two-story building for use as a classroom. Colcock Hall now
houses MUSC's central administrative offices.